Wine-Braised Short Ribs
A classic restaurant favorite can be mastered at home! This recipe features fork-tender Short Ribs braised in a flavorful red wine sauce. Serve with polenta or pasta for a hearty meal.
- 2 pounds beef Short Ribs, cut into 3 x 2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes with Italian seasonings
- 1 cup dry red wine
- Cooked soft polenta or pasta (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oil in large stockpot over medium heat until hot. Place beef short ribs in stockpot; brown evenly. Remove from stockpot. Season with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Add onion to stockpot; cook and stir 5 to 8 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in tomatoes and wine. Return beef to stockpot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
- Remove beef; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, 5 to 7 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Serve short ribs with sauce and polenta or pasta, if desired.
|Serv Size||Calories||Total Fat||Cholesterol||Total Carbs||Protein|
* The % Daily Value tells you how much of a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice. 8g Saturated Fat; 9g Monounsaturated Fat; Carbohydrates; 2.9g Fiber; 3.5mg Niacin; 0.4mg Vitamin B6; 3.7mcg Vitamin B12; 5mg Iron; 23.7mcg Selenium; Zinc; Choline;
Courtesy of BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com