Floribbean Fiesta Steak
Taste the islands with this vibrant steak recipe. Black beans and corn served with Mojo-marinated beef Chuck Eye Steaks. Top with creamy avocado for a dish that can't be beat.
- 4 beef Chuck Eye Steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 8 ounces each) - Four beef Ranch steaks, cut 1 inch thick or Flat Iron Steaks, about 8 ounces each, may be substituted for Chuck Eye Steaks. Cook Ranch Steaks 12 to 15 minutes (Flat Iron Steaks 11 to 14 minutes) for medium rare to medium doneness, tuning occasionally.
- 1 cup prepared mojo marinade
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1-1/4 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup refrigerated or bottled prepared medium salsa with lime and garlic
- 1/3 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 ripe avocado, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup prepared ranch dressing
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- Place beef steaks in food-safe plastic bag. Add mojo marinade; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes to 2 hours.
- Combine beans, corn and salsa in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat 4 to 6 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- Meanwhile place cilantro in food processor container. Cover; process until chopped. Add avocado, dressing and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Cover; process until smooth. Season with salt, as desired. Set aside.
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Season evenly with remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Spray ridged grill pan or large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in pan; cook 12 to 15 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Season with salt, as desired.
- Serve steaks with bean mixture. Top with avocado mixture.
|Serv Size||Calories||Total Fat||Cholesterol||Total Carbs||Protein|
* The % Daily Value tells you how much of a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice. 6g Saturated Fat; 11g Monounsaturated Fat; Carbohydrates; 12.7g Fiber; 7.8mg Niacin; 0.7mg Vitamin B6; 5.2mcg Vitamin B12; 7.6mg Iron; 51.6mcg Selenium; Zinc; Choline;
Courtesy of BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com