Yummy Mummy Beef Pizzas
These quick and easy pizzas feature homemade beef sausage and have a mummy face made of string cheese.
- 1 recipe Italian-Style Beef Sausage
- 1-1/2 cups pizza sauce
- 4 round thin sandwich breads, any variety, split
- 4 individually wrapped sticks reduced-fat mozzarella string cheese (1 ounce each)
- 8 black or green olives, sliced horizontally
Prepare Italian-Style Beef Sausage. Stir in pizza sauce; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through, stirring frequently. Keep warm and set aside.
Italian-Style Beef Sausage: Combine 1 pound Ground Beef, 1 teaspoon fennel seed, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon coriander, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add sausage mixture; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 1/2-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally.
- Place sandwich thins, cut side up, on rack of broiler pan. Spoon equal amounts of sausage mixture on each bread half. Pull cheese lengthwise into thin strips. Cut each strip into thirds. Create mummy faces using cheese strips in crisscross pattern to resemble mummy bandages and olives to resemble eyes.
- Place pizzas on rack of broiler pan so surface of cheese is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Broil 4 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
|Serv Size||Calories||Total Fat||Cholesterol||Total Carbs||Protein|
* The % Daily Value tells you how much of a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice. 4g Saturated Fat; 1g Monounsaturated Fat; Carbohydrates; 7.7g Fiber; 6.5mg Niacin; 0.4mg Vitamin B6; 2.1mcg Vitamin B12; 5.2mg Iron; 17.3mcg Selenium; Zinc; 79.5mg Choline;
Courtesy of BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com